Today it is the case that most business people are quite busy most of the day. Some of the day will be wasted on things that really don’t matter, whilst at other times there will be some really important things that just have to be done. If the equation is not carefully managed, stress and poor performance will be the outcome.
To get more done in business today there are a few things that you can do to improve your results. Here are some tips for that:
- Clean up your workplace so you can see the work and know what is really important. To do this you will need a clean desk. Remove everything from your desk and put it on the floor. You can then sort through the things that have to be done and those that really don’t.
- A clean desk helps you get things done, so don’t for any reason use the desk as a ‘dumping ground’. A cluttered desk reflects in your thinking and your actions.
- Simplify your day into the things that really matter and those that don’t. If you work in sales or a similar intense profession, your time is really important to the outcomes that you get.
- At the beginning of the working day only do the things that really matter. Set aside 2 or 3 hours for that.
- Plan your day each night with a written diary. The process of chunking your time in a written diary helps you plan the things that you must do. A computer based diary does not do that as effectively. The reason for this is a known factor of RAS (Reticular Activation System). It is a process of the frontal lobes of the brain, and when utilised correctly you will find that results will come your way.
You are the person to take charge of your day. You have the thinking processes and are at the controls.
When it comes to business performance, a person that feels that they are ‘in control’ is a person that will get a lot more done and build a better business. Strive for that ‘control’ factor; soon your business will start to move ahead.